Running on Google Cloud Platform (GCP), the analysis solutions of AnVIL are scalable and manageable with GCP, uncapping previous limits of biomedical scalability. Linking billing to user accounts enables AnVIL users to monitor and scale their own analysis.
AnVIL uses the Terra analysis engine to launch it’s analysis solutions. These analysis solutions are launched and run within safe workspaces, providing regulated access to high value NHGRI data sets and protecting user loaded data in these workspaces. AnVIL workspaces are FISMA moderated and in compliance with standards for working with identifiable human data.
AnVIL users will have access to the commonly used bioinformatic tools, including batch processing pipelines like the Workflow Description Language (WDL) using the Cromwell scaling engine all the way to downstream interactive analysis with Jupyter and R Studio (both!) with Bioconductor support.
Future additions to the AnVIL analysis ecosystem will include the Galaxy workbench, the Genome Browser support by UCSC, and additional community sourced analysis solutions.
If you have suggestions to existing analysis solutions or would like to see your favorite analysis solution added to AnVIL, please reach out to the AnVIL support team.
- WDL - Batch processing of GATK and other workflows
- Jupyter - Interactive analysis with the python or R programming languages; the R environment includes a family of Bioconductor 3.10 packages.
- R Studio - Interactive analysis with your favorite R coding platform
- AnVIL API library - Interact with AnVIL data, analysis solutions, and workflows via a command line interface.
- Galaxy - Access thousands of tools via an intuitive graphical user interface for processing batch analysis with Galaxy Workflows and interactive downstream visualizations.
- Genome Browser supported by UCSC - Interactive analysis of genomic visualizations.
Contact the AnVIL Team for additional requests and suggestions